• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need PCBs protype boards made BUT

MrDEB

I usually have boards made by Elerow but with the latest cornovirus going on I hesitate getting anything from China at this time.
I want to get some boards made here but shopping for price etc.
Only need 3 to begin with but looking at 10 pieces at a later date.
boards are 101.6mm x 152.4mm.
Any suggestions?

DrG

but with the latest cornovirus going on I hesitate getting anything from China at this time
The implication is that you are wondering whether you can get coronavirus from handling a board made in China.

Any suggestions?
Yes, education, so that you can make an informed, evidenced-based decision.

No one can say for sure whether you can get coronavirus from a board manufactured in China. Viruses have a limited lifetime outside the "body". In some cases, it can be more than just a few days. There are a lot of factors (temperature is a very big one). See here for a quick read up. Research on coronavirus is being done and some of "lifetime outside the body" is being studied (e.g., here).

I don't care to start a confrontation or partake in a lengthy spit-spat about the issue. Again, I am saying that you can inform yourself, make a realistic estimation of probability and make an evidence-based decision.

MrDEB

I mentioned to LOML at breakfast so here I am.
Thinking about having boards made in the states but searching for opinions. I know not alot is known about the virus.

Visitor

PCB Express will charge you $89 per board of that size if you order three.

Advanced Circuits has a $33 special. Per board. For quantity 3.

You don't recognize what an incredible value getting boards made in China is. Even if you order in lots of 500, you can't approach the price of Chinese boards with a US manufacturer. I don't recall the name of the place I used to use where I could get five boards made for $85 in the US.

You could use OSHPark in the US to get three boards made for $5/square inch. That makes boards of your size $40 each.

narkeleptk

I just got some from JLCPCB. I'll let you know if I get sick. They are located in Shenzhen and are a bit south of Wuhan so we shal***cough***cough*** shall see.

Last edited:

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
I'll be ordering some boards from China in about 10 days - after the Chinese new year has ended. Currently, don't see any need to take extra precautions due to the virus. That may change in two weeks time when more is known and the boards arrive.

narkaleptk, if I don't hear from you in the coming weeks, full mask and gown will be donned. :D

Mike.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member

MrDEB

tried ordering from JLCPCB but looks like I need to wait until Feb 1 for small orders.
I usually order from Elcrow but?

narkeleptk

tried ordering from JLCPCB but looks like I need to wait until Feb 1 for small orders.
I usually order from Elcrow but?
Plain green boards with leaded HASL are still in production and shipped via DHL. Everything else is on hold till holidays are done.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles