Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need ne555p for Geda

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixit7

I am learning Geda. It has one pick for lm555 but I need one for the ne555p.

Is there a way to add it the library?

Thanks.

Can you just copy and rename it?
They are functionally equivalent, just different manufacturers.

All 555's, except for the CMOS versions, are functionally identical, so one model is all you need.

I asked because the pin locations were a little different on my circuit diagram ne555p versus the lm555.

It shouldn't matter where the pin is located, as long as it's function is correct.

The pin positions and functions of an LM555CN are exactly the same for an NE555P.

I believe that he's referring to the position of the pin on the symbol in his simulation program.

Most simulators have the ability to create new parts and edit symbols. But I don't know Geda so I can't say that it does or not. LTspice is the most popular simulator on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back