Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need info on replacement laser pickup mechanism for AIWA X700 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rxyzm

Friends,

I have a AIWA CD player model X700. Apparently, the pickup module (id: K362667A) is not available. This is a personal CD player module and about 10 (or more) years old.

Wanted to know if there is equivalent replacement module available. Appreciate any help provided.

With Warm Regards,

RxyzM

Thank you for your comment.

Any chance of equivqlent replacement? I think the laser diode in the module is losing on the gain.

With Warm Regards,

RxyzM

Chances of finding a replacement part for something like that are VERY low, you're better off looking for whole other units that are being sold for parts and hope that the same thing isn't wrong with them that's wrong with yours. Out of curiosity if the unit is that old why wouldn't you replace it completely rather than try to fix it?

Thank you for your comment.

Any chance of equivqlent replacement? I think the laser diode in the module is losing on the gain.

Almost all manufacturers use Sony lasers anyway, look for a number like KSS150 or KSS210 - Sony lasers are freely available at fairly low cost. If it used an obscure different make it's pretty well certain that there's no way to fit a different one.

Spares

What I frequently do, when I need a specific part like this, that may well be impossiblle to replace is I watch for units on EBay, weither working , or not. Often they can be found for practically nothing, and either stripped of parts, or a working unit can often be bought for a few bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back