Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need info on radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have two of these units,
**broken link removed**

I do like the fact that they have a speaker and a squelch setting so you can hear the doppler effect and if you listen closely you can hear the difference in speed and type of vehicle.
I use to have one in my 95 ford explorer as a speed odometer when the factory one was not working. I will never forget when a crotch rocket rider entered the freeway via a on ramp at top speed and then his radar detector went full scale he nearly lost control trying to sow down rubber necking trying to find the patrol vehicle. LOL.
later that week I got pulled by a highway patrol for having it and I pulled out my radio license and said here is my license to operate this 10Ghz transmitter. I explained that I was using it to display my speed and the added side effect of keeping the motorists that have radar detectors on the watch out was entertaining. He laughed and shook my hand and went on his way.

BTW if you do get one of these type of units be aware that they do emit microwave radiation. Not very high levels but I have heard of reports of officers that use the handheld version and leaving the unit on and in their lap may have played a big part in causing testicular cancer. JUST FYI.

Last edited:
You may not be able to answer this but..If I were to purchase one of the police radar guns, would the FCC approval that was granted to the original manufacturer still be good? That is, as long as I did not modify the RADAR unit. I would think it would be but just asking. I might want to buy one for experimenting.

RADAR Approval

Should be, the unit may have to be sent to a cal lab to verify power and freq. Check with the manufacturer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back