Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need IC for Sensor Interface - SSP1401?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdo

Working on a project that requires interface with several types of sensors with signal conditioning such that micro-controller can read the inputs. I started on the path of designing different circuits to handle different types of sensors, then found this rather dated IC: "The SSP1401 six-channel RLC sensor (by Sensor Platforms) interface chip provides a low-cost configurable design solution for interfacing resistive-, capacitive-, inductive-, piezo-, and pulse-count-based sensors." The product was introduced in 2007 and in 2014 Sensor Platforms was purchased by Audience, and I'm having trouble learning more.

Does anyone know if this or a similar product is available? The types of sensors include Hall Effect Sensors, Reed Sensors, analog voltage input from pressure sensors, etc. Thanks!

I have seem product announcements on that or similar chips, but they never seemed to gain any market penetration. Either they were great, but the company behind them folded, or they did all of the jobs you list equally poorly, so designers reverted to the traditional opamps/instrumentation amps, etc.

Thanks for the reply Mike. Given the proliferation of sensors, it is surprising that interface IC's have not taken off. These sure would be helpful in dealing with multiple types of sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back