Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catherine Allen

Hi all,
I am the mother of a teenager. She reaches from her school by afternoon and is alone at home till I reach. Nowadays due to the workload, I reach back home only very late. Till that time my daughter is alone at home. I know that it is not safe and secure to let her sit alone at home. But there is no other alternative.
When I spoke about this matter to my hubby, he scolded me and asked to [Mod edit: Link to security system company removed. We know what they are] immediately. Now I’m in search of the latest technologies in alarm systems. Do anyone know which are the latest types of security systems? Has anyone installed it recently? The cost of installation is not an issue for me. All that I want is to make my house secured. Please do chime in your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to ETO, CA!

Where are you located (Country). Is your home equipped with WiFi? Do you have a smart phone?

This information will help us suggest solutions.

• Call 911 or visit local PD -- they can guide you forward
  • . . . we used to live in capital where the private security patrol got at site on alarm less than 5 minutes
    e.g. in country side you're likely not so happy -- have to consider the actual threats , a delay the help arrives at all weather , seasons -- train your kid to handle these situations or drill her the immediate procedure (as do 1, do 2, ...) incase of some emergency ← don't figure it out yourself consult people institutions that have the experience on
  • perhaps also incorp. a "Neighbor watch" or find a trusted family your kid can stay at or person to call or hire a "babysitter" (even if for some days in a week - your kid might learn from her to take care of it's own) ...

Hi all,
I am the mother of a teenager. She reaches from her school by afternoon and is alone at home till I reach. Nowadays due to the workload, I reach back home only very late. Till that time my daughter is alone at home. I know that it is not safe and secure to let her sit alone at home. But there is no other alternative.
When I spoke about this matter to my hubby, he scolded me and asked to [Mod edit: Link to security system company removed. We know what they are] immediately. Now I’m in search of the latest technologies in alarm systems. Do anyone know which are the latest types of security systems? Has anyone installed it recently? The cost of installation is not an issue for me. All that I want is to make my house secured. Please do chime in your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Deleted my reply, was no point to it. I think the Mods got it spot on ;). If you think about it then you realise how much dosnt add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back