Need Help with timed switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew Justus

I am a beginner and am in need of help figuring out the best way to create a timed switch. I am running a motor on a very basic circuit consisting of a battery, switch and the motor. Everything is working well but I want the switch to be able to cut off and on by itself every 5 seconds or so. I have read how to do it with PIC processors but it seems a little over the top for what I am wanting. Any advise on the best way to create what I am talking about.

Need to be able to turn the motor on for approximately second and then turn it off for 5 and then to continue the process. Any help would be much appreciated.

Everything is working well but I want the switch to be able to cut off and on by itself every 5 seconds or so.
Need to be able to turn the motor on for approximately second and then turn it off for 5 and then to continue the process.

The first sentence implies that off time will be 5 seconds and so will the on time be. Second sentence says different.

Anyway, the method that includes the smallest number of components is probably by using a 555 timer.

I haven't spend much time using the 555 timer, and also I cannot suggest the best possible search phrase to google for. But somebody on this forum can surely put a link to a relevant tutorial (or strait to a timer circuit with defined on and off time)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…