Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with random number generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

themikestar

i need to make a random number generator for a pub. They hold a raffle once a week and need a 3 digit display that will generate a 3 digit radom number at the press of a button.the only thing i can think of at the moment is complicated, it consist of basically a 555 timer and a 4017 chip in a circuit similar to a roulette wheel. I know this is not truly random but it is good enough, the output that would usually go to a single led, will run to a seven segment led driver chip wich will then display the number. would then have some sort of switching circuit to repeat the process to each of the three number displays. Is there an easier way or even a kit that is sold in Australia ??.
thanks

If you wanted to make it even more random, you could handle each digit seperately (instead of cascading), and use a different clock frequency on each digit.

i like the idea with the 3 couners better......
you should put all the 555 timers and use an extra button to turn them on, so you will have the numbers rotating.

does anyone have a circuit diagram for what i need, i am not too good at this. I was going to build a roulette wheel kit and convert each light to a number somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back