Need help with motor flip flop driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmohr

We are building a simulator for a control system on a large construction machine. Trying to emulate the steering feed back by moving a sensor with a motor in place of the steering cylinder. The cylinder is controlled by a proportional valve driven by a Plus 1 controller.
The controller has 2 outputs that drive the coils of the valve, we need to use those 2 out puts to drive a geared motor to turn the sensor.
I need to make a circuit that will let us drive the motor with out back feeding the controller.
Controller runs on 12-24 VDC there is also a 4.5 VDC supply available. In experimenting with the motor-controller we found it easily drives the motor one way with each output signal.
Any ideas?

I need to make a circuit that will let us drive the motor with out back feeding the controller.
But surely the controller needs a feedback signal for correct operation? Without feedback it has no way of knowing what the cylinder state/position is and will presumably give a signal indefinitely from one of its two outputs.

On the macine cotoller gets feed backfrom the sensor attached to the steering system.
I am rotating that sensor with the motor and driving it with the steering cylinder valve inputs.

Ok. You say the controller has 2 outputs that drive the coils of the valve. So to come up with a circuit we need to know (a) what are the characteristics of the signals from those outputs and (b) what are the voltage/current requirements of the motor.

Edit: I can't help feeling that it should be possible to do away with the motor entirely and simply synthesise feedback signals electronically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…