Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need Help with making a Counter with a 7 Seg Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Configure your 7490 as a BCD counter. The instructions on what pins to connect where are in the data sheet for the 7490. Use the BCD outputs to drive the BCD inputs of your 7448. The a-g outputs of the 7448 will correspond to the segments of your display. I dont recall if the 7448 can drive the display directly, you might need to use a buffer for extra current to the display.

Thanx that should help....

Whould a simple NAND gate Fix the Prob that it seems to count from 0-15

But i only need it to count to ten...

Hopefully someone else can confirm, but as I recall the 7490 counts 0-9 then resets. If that is not the case, then the part has an internal NAND connected to the reset of each of the register bits. So you can make it reset on any combination of 1 or 2 bits.

7490/7448 counter

Yes the 7490 is a decade counter. If you ground pins 2,3,6,7,and 10.
Vcc to pin 5. Tie pin 1 to pin 12, this will also be the A out. The clock to
pin 14.
The 7448 will drive low current common cathode displays.
:lol: Ned

yeh i got it.....

The PROTOTYPE:

[/img]

Attachments

• Final_Project.jpg
    Final_Project.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips