Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTlabs

I have only been doing electronics for a year now and am new to this site. I need some help with a circuit I am putting in my Halloween costume this year.Please help me fill in some blanks for me. I need a circuit in which there are four push buttons, one leading to each of the fowloing: one button activates a white LED, a second one activates a circuit that makes 15 green LEDs fade in and out, another push button activates 4 red LEDs that also fade in and out, the final button activates a sound recording. Can someon please deveop a circuit and give me the schematic? I also have these questions:

1. will green and red LEDs shine through a thin black cloth?

2. How do you make a small voice recorder?

3. How much in-put voltage will the circuit need?

4. Is there anything the circuit is missing?

5. How much is this going to cost me!?!?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
I also have these questions:

1. will green and red LEDs shine through a thin black cloth?
I don't know. try it and see.

2. How do you make a small voice recorder?
Buy one in the sale the day after Halloween.

3. How much in-put voltage will the circuit need?

4. Is there anything the circuit is missing?

5. How much is this going to cost me!?!?
Look and see.

Last edited:
I can't get a recorder the day after halloween because I need it for halloween.

Also I said I was very new to electronics and don't know how much power any circuit takes unless the schematic specifies it and I dont even know how to build the circuit. Let alone how much parts cost.

The day after last Halloween I saw for sale exactly what you want for $2.00 each.
A Chinese company made millions of them.

You can design and make one if you want.

I have never designed nor looked at a cheap Chinese Halloween toy.

Unless they are extremely dim, lEDs use power.
Unless you have a huge and heavy car battery, a little battery does not have much power so it will not last long driving 15 LEDs.

Half an hour is such a long time that you will not see the LEDs fade and brighten.

That would be a Schmitt Trigger... helps with hysterisis.
Looks like the output is inverted, judging by the notation at pin 2.
The symbol inside means "hysterisis".

Last edited:
The triangle with the positive supply pin not shown and the hysteresis symbol inside is 1/6th of a hex Schmitt-trigger Cmos logic inverter IC called the 74C14. It makes a square-wave oscillator as shown with only one single feedback resistor and one timing capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back