Need help with high-value resistors and diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev77

can some one help me out i need to connect car ignition coil to HV capacitor 30kv.
i have microwave oven diodes i need to know which of tham diodes i need to use and which resistors to use so i can connect them all together. u can see all stuff in pics...
thanks

Attachments

• DSC01667.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 175
  • 2011-02-28 16.52.29.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 22985.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 176
From what I recall from my service days: Magnetrons operate with about 2kVolt, so these diodes will not do. Tha part #s are on the diodes, you should be able to google some of their specs. E

See the original thread--I just made another post.

From what I recall from my service days: Magnetrons operate with about 2kVolt, so these diodes will not do. Tha part #s are on the diodes, you should be able to google some of their specs. E

It is true that magnetrons operate around 2kV, but these diodes are usually rated for between 8 and 15kV. This post is somewhat a response to a previous thread, "Need help with flyback transformer"
Several of these diodes connected in series will work if there are high-value resistors in parallel with each diode to even out the distribution of current. This is what lev77 is asking about.

Lev77: Please do not re-post similar threads--it can get rather confusing, if you know what I mean

Regards,
Der Strom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…