Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with high-value resistors and diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lev77

can some one help me out i need to connect car ignition coil to HV capacitor 30kv.
i have microwave oven diodes i need to know which of tham diodes i need to use and which resistors to use so i can connect them all together. u can see all stuff in pics...
thanks

Attachments

• DSC01667.JPG
    DSC01667.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 173
  • 2011-02-28 16.52.29.jpg
    2011-02-28 16.52.29.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 22985.jpg
    22985.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 174
From what I recall from my service days: Magnetrons operate with about 2kVolt, so these diodes will not do. Tha part #s are on the diodes, you should be able to google some of their specs. E

can some one help me out i need to connect car ignition coil to HV capacitor 30kv.
i have microwave oven diodes i need to know which of tham diodes i need to use and which resistors to use so i can connect them all together. u can see all stuff in pics...
thanks

See the original thread--I just made another post.

From what I recall from my service days: Magnetrons operate with about 2kVolt, so these diodes will not do. Tha part #s are on the diodes, you should be able to google some of their specs. E

It is true that magnetrons operate around 2kV, but these diodes are usually rated for between 8 and 15kV. This post is somewhat a response to a previous thread, "Need help with flyback transformer"
Several of these diodes connected in series will work if there are high-value resistors in parallel with each diode to even out the distribution of current. This is what lev77 is asking about.

Lev77: Please do not re-post similar threads--it can get rather confusing, if you know what I mean ;)

Regards,
Der Strom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back