Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with alarm snooze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axe_Murderer

I'm making a Nixie tube alarm clock using decade counters and have the whole thing pretty well figured out in my mind. The thing I still need ideas for is the snooze alarm.

The alarm sound will be triggered by a transistor at the predetermined time. However, how can I interupt it and do it again in ten minutes with every push of the snooze button? The ten minutes part I can handle, it's the functionality of the snooze that I can't quite think how to impliment.

Thanks.

P.S. Any links on setting up a battery backup would also be appreciated. THX again.

Bump.
I think it's going to be a situation using a flip-flop, such as a 4013. If anybody could beifly explain how to use such a beast I think I could take it from there. I'm not actually familiar with them, it just sounds like it might be useful. :oops:

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back