Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with a project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gar1

Hello,

I need help with a project I have to do.....

The Aim of the project is to construct a system that allows the control of a cooling fan through the parrallel port of a Pc. This is to include a microphone to provide feedback about the true speed of the fan.

I would very grateful for anybodys ideas who could help in the circuit design.

Why a microphone? Apply a small magnet and a cheap hall-sensor or reed-tube for rotation sensing.

well you could use the 8 output bits to control the speed but that means that you would have 255 speedes...lol, i dont think you need so many. maibe use onlly 4 bits. to get 31 speeds...i think it is enough.
but for the speed i suggest use a special sensot that either provides a voltege for a specific turation(a frequency to voltage convertor) or use a circuit that you should build

4-Bits for 31 Speeds ???? :?:
2^4 = 16 = 16 Speeds

:oops: ya , i dont know where my mind was when i wrote that :oops: .....
acutually 15 speeds if you dont consider the state when it is off.
sorry about the confuzion garl....

could just use three (only 7 speeds, 8 including 0)
or use just two (only 3 speeds, 4 including 0)

Or am I just way off the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back