Need help! trying to add buttons to lcd control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

1twistedtortoise

I am currently trying to build and ultrasonic cleaner, but could really use some help figuring out this Lcd panel. I ordered and ultrasonic generator pcb from a company in beijing. The generator comes with an lcd panel that is used to control the power, frequency , and timer, but for some reason there are no buttons on the panel to adjust the settings. There is a row of unpopulated leads which read p- p+ t- t+ sw and st , another 2 labelled COM and another small box with 3 leads that says ADJ and has a G and F. I am assuming p- and p+ and power up and power down and T- t+ means time up and time down and COM are common wires. No idea what the three in the box that say ADJ ... Anyway, i am trying to figure out how to add buttons so that i can actually use this thing and im not sure how to go about it. I did find a 8 button strip that seems like a great way to keep that may buttons together and mount them, but i'm still unclear as to how to wire it up. When i started purchased this board i assumed that there would be buttons already on the panel and that i would simply have to mount both the generator circuit and the lcd to an enclosure, attach the wires from my ultrasonic transducers and wire up the power input, which i could have done easily. I can only hope someone has an answer for me. Any help is greatly appreciated! i uploaded a pic of the lcd panel so your not just relying on my description.

Attachments

• new 423.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
Maybe it is a RS-232 interface? Can you post a link to where you got the generator from? Also if you can post the IC part numbers, maybe we can figure this out. I imagine there is an IC on the other side of the board with a lot of pins probably a MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…