Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to build a fan timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargtass

Hi,

I need a schematic for building a fan timer. I'm currently building a hushbox for my projector, and the hushbox is equipped with a fan to ventilate the hot exhaust air. My projector has an output trigger signal that goes high whenever the projector is switched on, which I will use to start the exhaust fan via a relay. When the projector is switched off, the trigger signal goes low and the exhaust fan stops.

I need a timer circuit that will keep the fan going for another 3-5 minutes after the projector has been switched off, so that the projector is properly cooled. I think this kind of circiut is built-in in many bathroom fans.

Anyone out there with a schematic? Thanks in advance :)

You don't say what the relay operating voltage is, but assuming that it is 12 volts, this circuit should work.

Attachments

• RELAY_CKT.jpg
    RELAY_CKT.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 507
Fan timer

I question the component values on pins 6 and 7. Actual timing for the 555 timer in this configuration is T=1.1RC. In this case 1.1 x 470k x 10uF = 5.17 seconds.

So you know the formula for working out the timing components, adjust the component values accordingly to obtain the appropriate timeout.......

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for the help! The operating voltage of my fan is 12 Volt, which I should have mentioned earlier. All I need now is to trim the component values!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back