Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help simplifying a ladder circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

maoyuusha

We need to find the total resistance of this circuit but I'm not sure whether the circuit will shorten or not.
(I don't even have any idea on where I should start).
fc3312cbbd8a45bea3dc91e6d7bc96e1.png

Can someone also give me tips and tricks in simplifying ladder type of circuits because I'm having problems when the circuits are not simple looking.
KhanAcademy only shows me how to solve simple looking circuits unlike this one.
139d06e1c12e4f7f9bd3496aff54cac9.png

(For the pic ^ is the total resistance 2 ohms?)

First picture is just all 3 resistors in parallel, drawn to trick you, so Rab = 1/3 ohms.

Yes, you're correct with the second pic being 2 ohms.

In the second pic if the switch is closed will the total resistance still be equivalent to 2 ohms? Cause it doesn't seem like the switch will shorten the circuit.

In the second circuit, with all resistors of equal value, the switch does nothing. Rab is the same, open or closed.

ak

This thread neatly illustrates the importance of a well thought out and consistent schematic.

The questions are very clever.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back