Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help reducing 12v dc to 8.7v dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modme

I'm kinda a newbie to electronics at least this aspect I do modifications for game consoles and got bored with that and decided to take it a little farther. My last project was such a great success that I wanted to see if there was room for improvement. I have 2 power sources and i want to reduce it to just the one, one it is an ATX power supply which I use 5v and 12v from the other is a 8.7v power adapter(from a playstation 2) so basically I want to eliminate the power adapter and stick with just the ATX power supply. Can someone point me in the right direction or help me with this Thankyou

depending on current needed

but simple method would be to use a 7809 voltage regulator and a diode.
get you about 8.5 from the 9v
or a zenier diode
or use an adjustable voltage regulator
there are numerous power supply circuits on the web some using adjustable voltage regulators.

lm317 adjustable reg would do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back