Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help powering a sub bass processor kit i bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzbo

I have built the kit, making sure I have all polarities correct and making sure not to burn IC's (I used sockets for these).
The kit requires +15V, -15V and 0V. How do I supply this?
Can such a circuit be run in my car? Could I run it from my computer?
I am only a beginner to electronics, but audio circuitry interests me. Any help appreciated.

You should mention how much current it needs, but unless it has a power amp inside, I'll assume not too much. You can buy a +15/-15 power supply from many sources. 0 is just the ground reference for that design. It might work from your auto's 12V (you would get less dynamic range), but you need a switching converter to generate the -12V.

You could also use a 9-10Vrms transformer to create a +/- 15V supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back