Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need HELP. please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cissy.christine

our group is working on our electives. we are asked to create a liquor and metal detector for a turnstile.

can someone, please, help us.

thank you~! :)

If you can detect liquor, you will be a millionaire. Thousands of people have tried and failed.

Last edited:
They're called Airport Scanners. But they ain't cheap. ;)

Last edited:
I thought "buy a dog" but then where do you stick the battery pack?

One would imagine any sensor that could sniff out alcohol would be false triggered by perfumes and deoderants etc that are alcohol based.

According to the datasheets, an MQ2 will work fine but it does not appear to be as sensitive as the MQ3 (200ppm vs 0.1mg/l). Both cost the same, so take your pick. I don't know the details of your circuit, but the gasoline vapor detector I made using a Futurlec MQx worked pretty good, a stable power supply for the hogish heater, lots of DC gain, an 8 pin uC to convert DC to "geiger counter" pips and a 386 to drive a small speaker. I don't recall the details of the heater supply so it couldn't be very fancy. They take a while to warm up and a DC zeroing pot came in handy.

According to the datasheets, an MQ2 will work fine but it does not appear to be as sensitive as the MQ3 (200ppm vs 0.1mg/l). Both cost the same, so take your pick. I don't know the details of your circuit, but the gasoline vapor detector I made using a Futurlec MQx worked pretty good, a stable power supply for the hogish heater, lots of DC gain, an 8 pin uC to convert DC to "geiger counter" pips and a 386 to drive a small speaker. I don't recall the details of the heater supply so it couldn't be very fancy. They take a while to warm up and a DC zeroing pot came in handy.

MQ3 sensor? what is the difference between MQ3 and MQ2 ? is there a major difference?

how about metal detectors? my prof comes up with another request . he's asking for metal detector.
can you please suggest the best metal sensor. please. thanks.

and im wondering how we will connect our sensor to our turnstile. any ideas? thanks thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back