Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on schematic of l293d

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi friends,

i am santu

i am presently studying final year of engg.so i need to build a robot i like to build it but it is my first experience to build it.

i am facing problem please help me out.my problem is that i have l293dn and dc motor small can any one help me to connect the l293d to microcontroller 89c51.my microcontroller port voltage is 5 volts and 10milli amps current.how should i connect to l293d to get 500milliamps current at l293d.please provide schematic please.

thankyou!

It would be really wasy to post a schematic, but where is the fun in that? I am sure that if you search google for it, you will have tons of schematics as well.

But it will only stay in your head if you figure it out by yourself. Check out the datasheet for the L293 The very first picture shows you how to hook up the motor if you want it to move in both directions or in one direction. It also tells you which ones are the inputs, and what the ouput does at each level. All you need to do then is apply those levels with your micro.

You may also want to search on how to isolate or protect your micro pins, like using a diode, optoisolator, etc.

good Luck

Ivancho

I've used the l293D in a number of designs. I just used the datasheet circuits but omitted the diodes since the L293D has integral diodes. Other than being bipolar (i.e. no mosfets), it's a very nice little chip.

I assume you are going to use it for 2 HBridges. You will have to decide whether you are going to use a single bit or 2 bits to control each motor. a single bit will require an inverter as shown in one of the diagrams on the datasheet. With 2 bits you can brake but it costs an extra pin per motor.

Anyway, I suggest you put in in a breadboard and play with it. There isn't much to go wrong.

Dear bibinjohn,
I can't down ur parallel port documentation part 2 and 3, i reach this error message that wanted file has been replaced :(
but i wanna see it, can u let me? (if yes plz inform me at del598@yahoo)
i'm waiting for you,
thank you so much
Laleh Asadi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back