Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on power supply...please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakkai1919

i need to make a power supply...i have found a site that is complete in every step and instruction and a good power supply...here is the site 2amp Power Supply

as you can see it stated 2Amp power supply, but you can make it in any Amp you like if it matters on helping me make my power supply...it can be 1 amp, 2amp, 3amp it depends on you...

But it's input is 16v AC... what i need is 220V AC and an output of 0v - 12v just like in this site that i have found...can anyone make me a regulated variable power supply...usually the input is 220v like the outlets in houses and the output DC is 0v up to 12v...

what i need is a step-down...220vAC 0v - 12vDC

thanks to those who helped me, and to those who are not, thank you for reading my problem...thanks...:)

But it's input is 16v AC... what i need is 220V AC and an output of 0v - 12v just like in this site that i have found...can anyone make me a regulated variable power supply...usually the input is 220v like the outlets in houses and the output DC is 0v up to 12v...

Actually the input voltage isn't 16 or 15 VAC. That is the AC voltage at the secondary of the transformer. The input voltage is AC mains voltage which could be 110/120 VAC or 220/240 so what you need is a transformer that will step down your mains voltage to about 15 to 18 VAC. You also want a mains step down transformer capable of 2, or 3 Amps on the secondary.

Not shown or seen in the link drawings is a fuse. You want to add a fuse to protect your circuit.

Ron

Last edited:
What a horrible circuit.

The circuit does not have a regulated output voltage. Its output voltage drops whan it is loaded, then it increases when it is unloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back