Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on my project Vehicle Bumper Alarm System..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannica_nicole

I need a circuit and schematic diagram for a sensor to be used in this project.. If you have any idea about this please help me.... you can email me right away... I need it badly... thanks....:confused:

Another badly defined request.
What is a vehicle bumper alarm?
What are you trying to detect?
How do you want to detect it?

A bit more detail of what you are trying to achieve would be useful if we are to make sensible suggestions.

JimB

This forum needs an automated IDR sensor. What is that? It is an ill defined request sensor. When such a request is posted it banishes the offending posters for 72 hours, during which time they will be encouraged in bold red letters to think through and refine their requests. Would somebody please outline the Java, or C#, or Ruby-on-rails code for this feature? I need it for my computer science class homework assignment due on Friday.

sadly, all that would do is make the lazy students work harder to get free answers. It's amazing how much effort they can put out to avoid doing work.

I think he is a new driver and is so nervous that he doesn't notice that he bumps into things. So he needs an alarm to make him aware when he hits something.

About the vehicle bumper warning system

I'm sorry I'm just new to this forum thing. My projects' objective is to detect and alert the driver whenever a vehicle is near his/her bumper while backing up.. I just don't know what kind of sensor to use in this... i hope you guys could help me.. thanks you so much//:)

Papabravo said:
This forum needs an automated IDR sensor. What is that? It is an ill defined request sensor. When such a request is posted it banishes the offending posters for 72 hours, during which time they will be encouraged in bold red letters to think through and refine their requests. Would somebody please outline the Java, or C#, or Ruby-on-rails code for this feature? I need it for my computer science class homework assignment due on Friday.

I agree 100%. haha.. What OS (you need all that bloatware)?

But the simple answer is. Turn in a paper that states, I do not need to design this, as my bumper already has a sensor, and this BIG BAG that will fill with AIR/GAS and hit me in the face if I hit it my bumper hard enough in the center. And if I survive, I have to pay a lot to have it put back in..

No I think they are looking for an ultrasonic ping/range type device and I am sure google will have many. Search for "car backup sensor ultrasonic" maybe?

Are airbags really worth it? They seem to rub off a lot of skin, some burns. I've never owned a car with functioning airbags. Only been in minor accidents, well totaled 3 cars, but no personal injuries. Yeah, and I don't use the seatbelt, unless I remember to put it when getting a speeding ticket.

Anyway, the circuit you want has been availiable for a long time, can even get a backup alarm factory installed. Most website that sell kits have them, around $30. Uses ultrasonic transducers. But the simplest and cheapest, is us your damn mirrors for something other than fixing you makeup.

dannica_nicole said:
on july i think.. no definite date yet.. thanks..;)

well, then you have plenty of time to research the topic. start by looking up ultrasonics. lots of circuits out there. google is your friend - look for (ultrasonic range sensor)

HarveyH42 said:
Are airbags really worth it? They seem to rub off a lot of skin, some burns. I've never owned a car with functioning airbags. Only been in minor accidents, well totaled 3 cars, but no personal injuries. Yeah, and I don't use the seatbelt, unless I remember to put it when getting a speeding ticket.

Anyway, the circuit you want has been availiable for a long time, can even get a backup alarm factory installed. Most website that sell kits have them, around $30. Uses ultrasonic transducers. But the simplest and cheapest, is us your damn mirrors for something other than fixing you makeup.

good god man, 3 cars totalled, no air bags and no seat belts. you are supposed to be dead.

I have a friend that fell asleep driving at night on the interstate, rammed a bridge support collumn and lived. His car was totallled. with out an airbag, he'd be 6 ft under.

3 cars in 27 years or so driving isn't too bad, first 2 were pre-airbag anyway. Yeah, I don't understand how don't get all messed up, use to ride a motorcycle, before cars. Had several close calls with the grim reaper, and just walked away. I'm really a 'safe' driver, don't do crazy wreckless stuff, drive a little fast sometimes, but depends on traffic and road conditions. It's usually the other drivers that cause the problems. One car turned out good though, a '79 Ford Fiesta, only made them 3 years. I paid $200.00 for it, got side swipe by a tourist from brazil, rental car company wrote me a check $1635. I beat on it with a hammer for about a week, used about a dozen coat hangers, some plexiglass and drove it for a little while. A little tough to steer straight, weird sounds... Sold it for $200.

Seriously though the ultrasonic range project kit is on several sites, somebody probably put up a copy of the schematic some place. Probably find it with robotic stuff too.

Oh, just curious... Did your friend get friction damage from the airbags? I've only talk to three people who had airbags deploy, all had some raw skin. Just curious if this normal, just seems like it. One woman was in a Walmart parking lot, major low speed wreck, little bumper damage...

I'm not sure what the airbags did. He was pretty messed up. spent 2 weeks in the hospital. broken legs. I don't recall friction burns but it was a few years ago. his glasses got jammed into his face by the bag. looked like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back