Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on Light/Temperature control project

Status
Not open for further replies.

guu

hello guys, i'm new here. :)

i'm totally lost on the school project which is a light and temperature control project. The project requires using light and temperature sensor to detect the light and temperature in a closeable environment(a box).

So that when the temperature is higher than 20 degrees for example, the fan will be start by a small dc motor to cool down the temperature;
and as the light control part, light sensor will active the motor to close the shutter when it detect any light in the environment.
this project will also include a MCU.

As you guys are very experienced people, just throw your 2 cents here, whatever you say will be really helpful. thank you very much. :D

guu said:
hello guys, i'm new here. :)

i'm totally lost on the school project which is a light and temperature control project. The project requires using light and temperature sensor to detect the light and temperature in a closeable environment(a box).

So that when the temperature is higher than 20 degrees for example, the fan will be start by a small dc motor to cool down the temperature;
and as the light control part, light sensor will active the motor to close the shutter when it detect any light in the environment.
this project will also include a MCU.

As you guys are very experienced people, just throw your 2 cents here, whatever you say will be really helpful. thank you very much. :D
first cent - u need a temp sensor eg:lm35 which gives an o/p of 10mv/C
second cent - u need a light sensor ed: an LDR , which varies its resistance wrt light.
for a micro i recommend a PIC pref 16f628a .
for motor i recommend a stepper .
now think a little to how to use these things :D

My suggestions are:

For temperature AD22100ST (-50°C to +150°C). It ahs a ratiometric output so you don't need any precise voltage reference for the ADC behind it. Free samples here: https://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,AD22100,00.html

Why not using a PSoC instead of standard MCU. It has analogue blocks, digital blocks and MCU in one chip. All about PSoC here: https://www.cypress.com/portal/serv...=215&gid=13&fid=24&category=All&showall=false
Lots af applications notes available. See AN2020 for complete temperature control including RTD and fan control. First part of your project is done :lol:

Second part light control: up to you to search the right AN... ...

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back