Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on how to make a basketball scoreboard using only logic gates

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkmelody

Hello. I'm making a project right now which is the scoreboard but for some reason I can't find a way on how to make it work. I need a new schematic diagram that will use a scoreboard and has a push button that will be use as to input the score. Each button represents the increment of 1, 2 and 3 (scores in the basketball) and the seven segment display will output the score. Please tell me how to do this. We're only limited to make use of the logic gates. Thank you! :)

i think to show the score in the 7 segment, you may have to use some 7 seg decoder ic..... best is to use cd4026 which is a decade counter with 7 segment out put and easy to use.......
and if you insist to use only logic gates then nothing else will be real pain for the circuitry.....

You could use a CD40110 (up/down counter 7-segment decoder) controlled by push-buttons . That will allow you to remove points, in case of an error, as well as add them.

You can use one push-button to count up and one push-button to count down. Each push of the button changes the count by one. Both switches must have a debounce circuit.

If you want to get fancy, you could add a auto-increment circuit, which would change the count at a slow rate (say 2 counts per second) after you held the button down for a short-period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back