Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

battlestar

Hi, I'm pretty new to the world of electronics, and I'm attempting an small project that I need some help upon.
1. If there are three wires carrying input voltages, how can i make it so that the output voltage equal to the sum of the three input voltages? Please see image below.

2. If there are two wires carrying two input voltages, how can I make it so that the motor turns one way when Vx>Vy then turn the other way when Vy>Vx? Vx and Vy are voltage outputs from a colorimeter. Please see image below. By "V" i mean voltage.

**broken link removed**

Thank you very much.

What kinds of voltages are we talking about here? For small voltages, you would typically use a voltage summer to get the sum of the three voltages.

As for reversing a DC motor, you would use either an H-Bridge or relays. What kind of motor are you using? As for detecting which input voltage is higher, you can use a comparator.

Here are two circuits for you to try.

Attachments

• sum.GIF
    sum.GIF
    4.5 KB · Views: 292
Oops, I almost forgot. The summing amp in the first circuit inverts the signal. That is, Vo=-(V1+V2+V3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back