Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on a project

Status
Not open for further replies.
steven_first_2001 said:
All right man sounds good to me. My email is steven_first_2001(at)yahoo.com (replace (at) with @. <----good way to keep spam bots from geting your email) Can't wait to get started! :twisted:
i have to comment on your massacre of the english language..
Your spelling is atrocious .. ie ...Horrifying ..appalling...

i have to comment on your massacre of the english language..
Your spelling is atrocious .. ie ...Horrifying ..appalling...
Sorry about that. I have been taking the pssa tests in school and studing phisics, classical and quantum chaos theory, advanced number theory, and the theory of everything non-stop at home for the last few months. I don't have much energy left after all that to think on spelling and gramar. I never was a good speller any way sorry.

Chuckles... try translating that into Japanese

well......
freetranslation.com does not perform English to Japanese conversion.
furthermore..
Japanese have notoriously polite way of phrasing things, to "demand"
anything is considered somewhat rude and the translators often struggle.

Many of the threads posted here are by persons for whom English is not thier native tongue and I salute them for trying. Rather sadly this thread has come under a lot fire for its use of "evolved" English, but language does that, it cannot be stopped.

I wonder how many of our grey haired members here baffled their elders by using words such as "Cool" out of accepted normal context for the period when they were young :lol:

Old English has a different kind of grammar from Modern. Old English is like Latin or Russian, or many other languages whose grammar is expressed by inflection: that is, affixes on a root word can stand in for function words like pronouns, so that a noun like "stow" will indicate its grammatical place in a sentence or clause by a series of endings:

"... nis Þaet heoru stow!" (That is not a pleasant place!); or

"He het þa þa stowe Dominus videt" (He named that place Dominus videt
or "on manegum stowum" (in many places).

In an Old English sentence, especially in the poetry, syntax (the order of words) much more fluid than in Modern. Spelling will seem inconsistent, even random, in our terms; the alphabet contains some unfamiliar letters derived from runes.

Come on, how many of you use this strange symbol every day.. @

400-1100 AD
Certain sounds in Old English cannot be reproduced in the Latin alphabet and were augmented by Anglo-Saxon scribes with characters from the runic alphabet (Futhorc). The sound of "th" was conveyed by thorn (capital Þ, lower case þ), as in þe (the) above. With the advent of printing late in the fifteenth century, this character was represented by the letter "y," which survives as the archaism "ye" in "Ye Olde Tea Shoppe." Wynn was introduced to convey the sound of "w" and is transcribed by the same letter in modern translations. (In original manuscripts, however, it looks much like the letter "p," which may be why topographers did not use that letter to replace thorn.) Eth (Ð, ð) also was used by scribes to convey the sound of "th" but, because of the redundancy, eventually fell into disuse. Ash was represented by the ligature digraph "æ," as can be seen in mægen. Other characters in Old English simply were written differently, e.g., the "g" (yogh) in hige, the "r" in heardra, the "t" in heorte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back