Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on a DC motor rotor winding repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanren

Hello,
I am new here and need help.
my angle grinder not working, and found there are two enameled wire open ends at the cooling fan side like the pictures shown below.
There are 12 slots sure 24 commutator segments. Measured as is now the commutator segments is grouped as : A: 15; B:8 C: 1 ( I guess the original group can't be like this ) . One of the enameled wire opened end go through to commutator segments group B, and the other one end go nowhere.
It is two poles stator.
Need help how to repair.
Thanks
Shanren
WeChat Image_20200223124547.jpgWeChat Image_20200223124601.jpg

Last edited:
I think you will find more broken ends if you look closely where the wires in the photo could have come from.

All the individual coils should connect in a complete "ring", with the commutator segments connected to the junctions - so two electrical paths either way around the ring, between any two segments.
If the segments are not showing as all connected, there are multiple breaks in the windings.

Edit - this diagram appears to match the 12 slot / 24 segment layout:

The-configuration-of-the-coils-in-the-armature-winding-with-connections-to-the.png

I think you will find more broken ends if you look closely where the wires in the photo could have come from.

All the individual coils should connect in a complete "ring", with the commutator segments connected to the junctions - so two electrical paths either way around the ring, between any two segments.
If the segments are not showing as all connected, there are multiple breaks in the windings.

Edit - this diagram appears to match the 12 slot / 24 segment layout:

Thanks.
I have checked carefully and didn't find any other ends.
And the strange is these two ends come from same coil same direction, one end goes nowhere .

There must be multiple breaks overall, possibly something got sucked through the air vents and snagged the armature as it was spinning...

The picture fine detail is not very good, but it looks rather like there is a wire end stuck to another wire, to the right of the long ends?

armaturezoom.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back