Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help on 48V Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrb011270

Hello,

Is their somebody who can share some lights on a 48Vdc power supply? I appreciate any information..

Thnx

48vdc supply

:D hi,

the simplest answer i can give is it supplies 48vdc after it is rectified and power up whatever device is connected to that.

since you are interested with this supply voltage, are you trying to build one? you can make a single supply (0v-48v) or a dual supply (48v-0v-48v) depending on your need. :D

Im trying to build one with only a single supply of +48V from an AC source (autoranging) and the output current is 3.5A

Any help will do.

thnx

The simplest way is with a transformer and a rectifier, with perhaps some filtering/smoothing capacitors. Is the load you intend to power with this supply very voltage sensitive? Do you need to have any regulation in your supply?

48vdc transfo

:D hi,

okay, so how are gonna rectify your secondary ac, is it in a half wave, full wave, or bridge manner. you see these are factors you have to consider because they entail different factors to be used in using the formulas in making power transformer. i could give you the various formulas involve in making EI core power transformer.

but the easy way is just buy it.

if you dont have a winding tool you just have to hand wind it and i tell it is pretty hard. i use to do that and was forced to buy a rewinding tool. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back