Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help making my own micro electro-magnets,

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve-o

Hello, I am triying to wind my own coil actuators of about 5mm each and wanted to ask if someone knows of a site or has input into winding these. Thanks, Steve -small solar bot project I am using an am rc micro car board for, pics available.

well i need something like that too. i want to make a small robot, like a spider, all i need is it to walk and thats all, nothing else. but i thought than if i were to use motors, even samll the reobot will be much more bigger.
so i need some way to build some electromagnets of my own, wich must have high power, but not to need a great current.

Neodymium

Well, you can use neodymium magnets. Have them repelled or attracted from your small electro-magnet. This should give you greatly improved power. And dont froget some kind of focusing material, like iron or steel!
Neo's are the strongest magnets on earth, typical gauss of 1.2T, compared to 0.4 for ceramics :)

Any way, what problem are you having with winding these coils?

I'd love tosee some pics!

Chris

i would like more details please, i dont seem to understand what you mean. i want to build a small robot, like a spider or cricket, with no suply on it, gets its power on cable. i need some electromagnets, because i cant find any servos or something else to buy. i nees 2 things to attract form a distance of about 5-6 milimeters.
so a website or some tips will do great!!!
thanks in advance.

Magnet Wire

Well all you need to do is wrap some magnet wire round say a nail (but there are better metals like transformer 'iron'). The put a magnet in front of it. Apply some power and.....

Good luck!

If you can, use motors.. It takes a lot of calculations and etc. to make an ideal system for electromagnetic drives.. Remember to focus the flux as suggested, you wouldn't believe the difference that makes!

I have always been interested in this, but I haven't seen much on the internet about it. I think that it might be impractical in regards to size/efficiency..

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back