Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in oscillator design

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you are doing this the 'wrong' way.

AM transmitters don't use an expensive current feedback amplifier.

Here's how I would do it.

Build a 1MHz oscillator, it doesn't matter what type or how good the sinewave output is.

Connect it to a class C amplifier.

Modulate the power supply to the class C amplifier using an audio amplifier.

Hero999 said:
It sounds like you are doing this the 'wrong' way.

AM transmitters don't use an expensive current feedback amplifier.

Here's how I would do it.

Build a 1MHz oscillator, it doesn't matter what type or how good the sinewave output is.

Connect it to a class C amplifier.

Modulate the power supply to the class C amplifier using an audio amplifier.

Thank you for your advice. But I want keep my design as simple as possible and less power consumption because I am going to make this transmitter portable.

I have eventually complete the oscillator, now it comes a problem where i cant find a suitable DC/DC inverter to power up my oscillator. My idea for this oscillator power management would be like this: battery > 12V regulator > 12V DC/DC Inverter > -12V regulator. The output of 12V regulator will be fed to the positive input of the op-amp and the input of the DC/DC Inverter. While the output of -12V regulator will be fed to the negative input of the op-amp.... Any suggestion on the DC/DC inverter that i can use???? Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back