Need help in executing the project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonQuibot

Hello! I am an aspiring artist and have a terrible expertise in tech, but I have this idea in mind and strong desire to make it come to life, so I was hoping I could get some help here.

The idea is to create a moving sculpture which is going to refer to the sun. What you see in the sketch 2 as a circle is basically a lamp and I want to make make it move across the room. The movement that I want to make is primitively represented in the first sketch. I want it to move in circle on the plane parallel to the ceiling and up and down vertically (simultaneously).
I figured that I will need 2 moving elements, so first obviously the motor to make the circular movement. For the vertical movement I want to attach the lamp to the thread and have a mechanism to pull/release it. I also need to synchronise those two movements.

As for the weight of the lamp I am not quite sure yet, as I don't have a prototype yet and the size of the whole construction will depend on the room that will be available to me.

As I said I have very little knowledge in the technical aspect necessary for the execution and I don't really know where to start, I would very much appreciate if you guys can give me some practical advices or point me in the right direction for research.

Attachments

• sketch.pdf
    829.3 KB · Views: 161
  • sketch2.pdf
    234.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…