Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in executing the project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonQuibot

Hello! I am an aspiring artist and have a terrible expertise in tech, but I have this idea in mind and strong desire to make it come to life, so I was hoping I could get some help here.

The idea is to create a moving sculpture which is going to refer to the sun. What you see in the sketch 2 as a circle is basically a lamp and I want to make make it move across the room. The movement that I want to make is primitively represented in the first sketch. I want it to move in circle on the plane parallel to the ceiling and up and down vertically (simultaneously).
I figured that I will need 2 moving elements, so first obviously the motor to make the circular movement. For the vertical movement I want to attach the lamp to the thread and have a mechanism to pull/release it. I also need to synchronise those two movements.

As for the weight of the lamp I am not quite sure yet, as I don't have a prototype yet and the size of the whole construction will depend on the room that will be available to me.

As I said I have very little knowledge in the technical aspect necessary for the execution and I don't really know where to start, I would very much appreciate if you guys can give me some practical advices or point me in the right direction for research.

Attachments

• sketch.pdf
    829.3 KB · Views: 158
  • sketch2.pdf
    234.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back