Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help identifying pads for footprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshrai

hi,

can anybody help me identify the footprint pad dimension of this speaker-

25fvc.png

it doesn't have pins, but has 3 holes and there is 2 things labelled negative and positive terminals.

Do I have to make pads for those unusual shaped terminals?

thanks

Post the datasheet, but it seems to me that it is made to use spring contacts instead of soldering.

i can't attach datasheet, the upload a file is not working here, so here is the part

**broken link removed**

It requires a solder pad

If I was making the footprint:
Make a outline of a circle 6.4 or 6.5 circle.
The case is metal and could short out a trace under the part so:
>With silkscreen fill in the area between Diameter=6.5 and Diameter=5.33. Making a do-nut shape.
The terminals should match the silver areas shown here:
upload_2014-7-5_2-4-0.png

the picture looks like the metal is rised a little above the pads. Also, where does it say it requires a solder pad? The digikey page says that i HAS soler pads, but not necesarily for direct attachement to a pcb.

i used regular SMT pad with little bit smaller dimension than that of the terminals.

ronsimpson, thanks for the tip, i will try that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back