Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Getting Negative Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbeelby

Hello,

I have been tinkering with electronics for a while now and I recently purchased an cheap LCD display which needs a -22V @ 13mA and -17V @ unspecified current in addition to the standard +5V @ 10mA for logic. So I have a wall transformer with selectable output's and already have a "regulator" circuit that I built based on a design at sparkfun.com which will give me a nice +5V output. What I need help with is what parts to buy and how to hook them up so I can generate those negative voltages which I think are for the LCD. In the documentation they refer to the voltages and currents as listed below. The values in parenthesis are actually sub-scripted in the document:

V(DD) = 5V
I(DD) = 10mA Typical, 20mA Max

V(EE) = -22V
I(EE) = 13mA Typical, 20mA Max

V(LCD) = -17V
No I(LCD) is given anywhere that I can see, perhaps it is 10-15mA.

V(SS) = GND

V(DD) - V(EE) = 28V Max
V(DD) - V(SS) = 6V Max

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back