Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help for counting a circuit's value, need ASAP thx..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi all, I need some help for finding a way to counting a circuit’s value, and I need them fast, because I have to finish it for the day after tomorrow. 

Please include explanations and your step by step.

Can someone help, please view the page here,

http://home.iprimus.com.au/wjmoore/pic/proj_lock.html

there are some mistakes on the schematic, which is the Vss should be Grounded and Vdd should be on +5.

I need to know how to count the limiter (is it right?) for the 7-seg
I need to know how to count the pull-ups(what is it?) for the DIP switch
I need to know how to count the R and C for the PIC’s oscillator
What else should be counted?

Thank You

PS: I’ve posted a message for how knowing does the software works too, because I have to draw a flowchart for the circuit and show how it works. Can someone please help me with this? I’m really time short and I’ve read the PIC’s datasheet for 3 days and still cant understand the software, I didn’t even know what EQU is for….

Thank you very very much

Oh my God, I didn't ask you all to do my homework, what I need is help,

Count means why does the 7-seg needs the 470 ohm resistor value, and why does the pull-ups for the DIP-switch needs those value too,

and why does the PIC needs those amount of R and C to be able to clock.

Isn't this forum here is to help???

RUSH HOMEWORK

:D hi,

rushing up people here in the forum is not part of the menu, it's not the fault of guys here who will answer you right away just because you have to rush your homework. :oops: :oops:

in my case i always give my reply at my own leisure time :twisted:

Help is what we are here for, but you have to ask the right questions. The 470 ohm resistor in series with the 7-segment is to limit the current. The 7-segment is just LEDs which drop about 2 volts. The resistor drops the rest of the voltage. The R-C that clocks the uC is part of an oscillator, the data sheet should have a chart of frequency versus R & C. I know nothing about programming, but EQU probably means equal.

The 470 ohm resistors on the DIP switches are just to provide high or low input, the value is not critical, 4.7k would also work. You really don't know much about this stuff, do you? Are you in school or trying to learn on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back