Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajik

hello all,
i have a problem with my amplifier. maybe somebody can help me how it can be solved.

yesterday, i'm working with my amplifier, this is the schematic.

**broken link removed**

when the power is on, i found a abnormal condition. Q5 and Q7 is very hot.

maybe somebody can tell me why it could happen and what must i do?

thanks before

4 some odd reason, your picture does not seem to be loading, try converting it to .gif . . . jpeg should work fine though.

ajik said:
hello all,
i have a problem with my amplifier. maybe somebody can help me how it can be solved.

yesterday, i'm working with my amplifier, this is the schematic.

**broken link removed**

when the power is on, i found a abnormal condition. Q5 and Q7 is very hot.

maybe somebody can tell me why it could happen and what must i do?

thanks before

Three things:

1) Do you have the output transistors mounted on a substantial heatsink?.

2) Have you set the bias correctly?, the preset resistor adjusts this.

3) Is the Vbe multiplier (the small transistor connected to the preset) thermally connected to the heatsink?.

If you're driving the amplifier hard the output transistors will get hot, it's why you use large transistors and big heatsinks.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY CAN I NOT C THIS AND EVERYONE ELSE CAN!!?!?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY CAN I NOT C THIS AND EVERYONE ELSE CAN!!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back