Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help electronic/relay problem phone horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgebaker

I need to ring a phone that activates a loud ass horn. Phone has no audio ports. I'd be tapping into the 2 wires that connect from phone circuit board to the phone ring speaker.

Inside the handset, the 2 wires show .035-.045 VAC (probed with multimeter while the phone "rings") and connect to an 8 Ohm 2W speaker inside the phone. This 8 Ohm 2W speaker needs to be replaced with a very loud horn or buzzer.

-I purchased a generic 12VDC piezo horn. Need to feed it 12VDC when phone rings. That's all.

I'm stumped. Low signal relay? Some type of inline amp? I can solder a bit, and have only a very basic understanding of this stuff.

Do I look for a low signal relay? like .03VAC to 12VDC?

Thank you

Is it a conventional analog "land line" phone?
If so, the ring signal on the wall cable is around 50V AC at 20 or 25Hz, something like that.

You can buy things like this for use in factories, that just connect to the phone line:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back