Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help determine

Status
Not open for further replies.

wejos

hi guys,

i'm just wondering what this is in the picture (attached file filenamed rosol.jpg).

it says in the label fittingslotpaste. I think this is german. the o looked like german to me.

Or was it just soldering paste?

the author melted this using hair dryer as show in the video here:

YouTube - PCB Making

i tried to hair dryer the regular soldering led, the one that is rolled :mad:

i guess it will melt but will take hell to freeze over first.

my hair dryer is 1500W.

am i missing something here?

thank you.

Attachments

• rosol.JPG
    rosol.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 285
we use soldering irons to solder with generallly........not hairdryers .....

the author melted this using hair dryer as show in the video here...
...am i missing something here?

Yes, that is not a hair drier in the video, it is a "heat gun", there is a BIG difference.

The heat gun is much hotter than the hair dryer and can be used for shrinking heat shrink sleeving, stripping paint, melting solder and burning the hair and skin off your head.

The hair dryer will dry your hair safely and not set it on fire.

JimB

sheldon, the only difference between that heat gun and a hot air rework tool that professionals use is a person that knows how to use it.

hair dryer lols

i wonder where I would use that hair dryer now

thanks guys

so heat gun it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back