Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help Designing a digital reciever circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a couple of sony watchman portable TVs. I know they are analog receivers and I wanted some help Designing a digital reciever circuit that is battery powered and is small enough to fit inside the fd-230. Thanks.

I don't think that would be possible.

These are the smallest digital TV receiver modules I can find:
**broken link removed**
There are different versions for the various digital TV standards used in different parts of the world.

(They are incredibly complex devices and it not practical to try and build the actual receiver/decoder from nothing).

In addition to something like that, you need a computer (a microcontroller) to configure and control it, emulating a TV remote control and somehow adding the physical controls to do that to the TV casing.

Is there physically room for all than in one of those Sony receivers?

A more practical option is just get a handheld digital TV such as this:

You could possibly rebuild one of those in to the case from a Sony, to keep the retro appearance?

Is the digital TV signal where you are even strong enough to receive using a small built-in antenna? Where I am, it needs a large rooftop antenna to get a good signal and range of channels. An indoor antenna does nothing.

So I have a couple of sony watchman portable TVs. I know they are analog receivers and I wanted some help Designing a digital reciever circuit that is battery powered and is small enough to fit inside the fd-230. Thanks.

If you have to ask, you're not capable of doing it - it's certainly not a trivial task, and I wouldn't dream of attempting it.

As rjenkins said it's unlikley that you could build one small enough to fit inside the old portable TV.

If you want a portable TV, then buy one, they are easily and cheaply available - but as to how well they work as a portable, I don't know.

i'm not sure where you are, but you might think about using a raspberry pi, a TV tuner dongle for ATSC or DVB-T, and a suitable LCD screen (or you can get the composite video from the R-Pi to connect internally to the Watchman's composite input (if the Watchman has one)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back