Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help constructiung this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalFallout

Okay so basically i have got part of this done but messed up scrapped it and started it is for my robot but requires alot of different things so it's not actual robotics in this post but constructing an eklectronic device. I need to make a small device which has 5 infared sensors and when the sensors get within 3 feet of something it will send a signal to i guess a microcontroller which will trigger sound 1 if it is from sensor 1 and so on... Is this possible if so what sensors do i use and what microcontroller or whatever it's called. I got the idea but not sure i will probably need some pic programming won't I?

-Louis

I doubt whether you will get a 3 feet detection rang using infrared detectors. You could try an ultrasonic ranging system these have a much greater detection range than IR.
Thats the same idea used in some older type Polariod cameras. Heres a link with some info on those.

**broken link removed**

Umm

Well i know maybe 3ft isn't happening but uh whats the max i can get with a sonar or IR sensor i need something very inexpensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back