Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help building an Infrared-Receiver and audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Hi.

I am looking for some simple schematics and help building an Infrared-Receiver and audio amplifier.

I want to build a really simple infrared receiver that will turn on a circuit or flicker on a led from a few meters away in response to infrared light from a remote. I have a voltage regulator (276-1770A) and an Infrared Phototransistor (276-145A).

The second circuit i am trying to build is an audio amplifier. I want to build a simple circuit that will allow me to do the similar things as I explained in the infrared receiver. But instead I want to use a condenser microphone or similar type speaker to have an led react to sound. But I need to find a way to amplify it to make it more sensitive.

thanks for any help you guys can give.

What don't you understand about what i'm wanting to do? Maybe I can explain it better.

I know what i am wanting to do is possible Ive seen alot of toys around my house use simple circuit boards to make a toy react to sound you make. I just need some sort of "simple" schematic using common parts.

anyone else know any good sites?

The IR receiver should be designed to react to the specific transmitted signal. Here's a problem because each IR signal is a little different (digital signature) - that's why your TV remote has different buttons that cause different functions to happen when pressed. I think there are wide-band circuits that will react to most IR signals but usually the transmitter and the receiver are built to work together. Sounds like you already have some transmitter on-hand. Right?

As to the audio switch, do a search right here. Think there was a "clapper" circuit published recently.

thanks for the suggestions. I don't have any sort of transmiter I'm just using infrared leds and remotes. I'm not trying to make a reciever react to certain pulses. All i want is a circut that will react to "any" infared light and act like a switch if possible. I have a lego RCX and i attached a infrared transistor to the inputs of the RCX. It works how i want it to. It senses any infrared light from any remote.

Now i want to do the same thing but as a standalone circuit with simple parts.

I Searched around on this site as you suggested and i found the schematic for the "clapper". The only thing is i'm unsure of a few things. Like what types of transistors I can use cuzz i don't have the ones in the drawing and I'm unsure what those two arrows are for beside "To 6v Relay Coil"

kinjalgp do you have any suggestions cuzz i think you made this circuit right?

thanks again.

I strongly suggest review the web page I recommended since there are over 50 IR projects there. If you scroll down to item #8, there is a transmitter (2 transistor) and a receiver (2 ICs) driving an independent relay that would switch an LED on (or even a light bulb, radio, or whatever you have in mind). I can't immagine a solution to your question that would use fewer parts. Heck, I maight build one for myself.

Thanks Gene. I will see if i can't build one. But before I can do that i need the parts. Any Idea where to get them for that circut you mentioned?

Without knowing where in the world you are, it's kinda hard to say. All the parts a VERY common except for the ICs. I know for a fact that www.jameco.com has the pair for about $5. If you have to order the parts, you might as well get them all from the same source since you will be paying $5-6 for shipping anyway. Also, if you are not familure with the ICs, I suggest you use the search function on the top of their web page.

I really want to build this circuit - please let me know how it works.

Thanks for the link! I finally found a place that has the parts i need. Digikey sells them too i'm sure but their site is confusing and complicated to find anything unless your buying leds or you know what your looking for cuzz they carry hundreds of thousands of parts.

I live in Canada and the Radio Shacks here don't sell this type of stuff anymore so its getting increasingly difficult to find any parts for my hobbies even leds. I will build one of these circuits when i have the chance and i will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for the help Gene :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back