Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help about 'infra red'

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatal_error

i want create robot ..some of the circuit are using infra red .....can anybdy give me some link or web address ...anything about infra red...i want make some research...

Infrared generally refers to the wavelengths of light upwards of 700nm or so. I believe what you want is regarding obstacle detection or something similar using infrared detection. In this case, the infrared light hits a target and your sensor sees part of the reflection of the light and can then determine there is an obstacle in the way. Try looking at the following article:

my project work like 'roller' in the mouse(near the ball)..The rollers each connect to a shaft, and the shaft spins a disk with holes in it. When a roller rolls, its shaft and disk spin. On either side of the disk there is an infrared LED and an infrared sensor. The holes in the disk break the beam of light coming from the LED so that the infrared sensor sees pulses of light....from that pulse..i want use it to calculate haw much that roller spin,and i can get the distance...

is this the best way that i can do??or anyone know the other way??

Do you want a tachometer (counts revolutions) or a encoder (depending on revolutions count you know distance travel by the wheel)

A well explain home brew tachometer

If you are looking for shafts-encoders I would recommend you this articles.
2.**broken link removed**

Good Luck

Ivancho

thanx for you answer..i want built some IR circuit that count revolution..from that revolution,that circuit will genarate voltage pulse and i will connect that circuit to the microcontroller circuit(mhc11,motorolla)...microcontroller will count the distance ...i think..that encoder maybe usefull..but..in this time i cannot open any link that you give accept robot room..only that link i can open..

i want ask you something..is it use IR more eficient ore using something else is more efficient??i have one alternative,in my computer mouse,my scroller beetwen left and right click...that scroller not using IR,it use something like potentiometer...it have 3 pin(leg)..and it can be rotate like potentiometer..when i rotate the scroller,that thing will generate some voltage pulse,i know that because i test using multimeter..do you know what it that???can u give some link about that thing??

Go to and serch for those titles(type the address don't click on the link):

1. Home-Brew Shaft Encoders ()
2. Implementing Dead Reckoning by Odometry on a Robot with R/C Servo Differential Drive ()

Somehow those links don't work... I don't know why :evil: but they load if I type the link straight into the Address bar. :?

fatal_error said:
i want ask you something..is it use IR more eficient ore using something else is more efficient??i have one alternative,in my computer mouse,my scroller beetwen left and right click...that scroller not using IR,it use something like potentiometer...it have 3 pin(leg)..and it can be rotate like potentiometer..when i rotate the scroller,that thing will generate some voltage pulse,i know that because i test using multimeter..do you know what it that???can u give some link about that thing??

do you think what it is???

how about using a mouse to detect the number of pulses and then count them? so you can mesure the distance.....

that my idea...i want take some circuit from the mouse circuit...but the roblem is...is it mouse can still operate whitout clock???every mouse...will get clock,5Volt and ground from pc...did i wrong??you have any idea??

i use microcontroller 68hc11 as a main circuit...can that microcontroller give clock pulse to mouse..or mouse circuit cam generate internal clock??help me...

thanx

I think that a mouse generates its own clock (depending what type of mouse you have - optical or classic) and only sends the data to a computer. Keyboards, on the other hand, don't have their own clock generators.

Just a tought...is it possible to test if a mouse is sending data by connecting it to a 5V supply and using its output to drive a LED (via transistor)?

mm..may be usefull for me...thanx...how about encoder...do you know how it work???(please refer to the reply above)

hey there !!!! cool forum here!! i m a newbie as u can see!! :lol:

well i also have a teenzy weenzy bit of a problem!! i m an electronics student myself and i have to do a project this year! we ve been told that projects using infra red techniques and sensors etc etc are gonna be highly requested since they re looking for more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY projects!!!

thing is i m still a bit confused about what project i can take up!!!
can any of u pls enlighten me?? thanks a lot and i m really glad i found this site!!!

thanks again

by the way fatal_error!

i ve found that site http://www.howstuffworks.com really helpful when trying to understand the basics of how stuff actually work in simple and understandable terms

hope u find it useful as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back