Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help...555 delay problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiko

Hi there,

I'm driving a 555 delay chip using CMOS 74C733 which puts out a continous stream of voltage. Problem is, I need the 74C373 to only put out a single pulse every time it is activated so that the 555 delay is only engaged once. Here is the schematic I'm using for the 555:
**broken link removed**

Any suggestions? Many thanks,

-Heiko

Heiko said:
Hi there,

I'm driving a 555 delay chip using CMOS 74C733 which puts out a continous stream of voltage. Problem is, I need the 74C373 to only put out a single pulse every time it is activated so that the 555 delay is only engaged once. Here is the schematic I'm using for the 555:
**broken link removed**

Any suggestions? Many thanks,

-Heiko

Here are 2 sites that may help u:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
:)

Hey there,

Thanks for the sites, I'll check them out. Turns out that I came up with a solution while brushing my teeth getting ready to go to bed. I am using momentary switches to trigger my 74C373. These momentary switches will put out a single pulse evertime they activate a prest from the 74C373; hence, I can just use them to trigger the 555 and or a NPN transistor to shunt my signal to ground. Anyways, thanks again for the suggestions! This forum is too cool; I cannot believe that I never stumbled across it before. Take care,

-Heiko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back