Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need GM5621 detailed datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqasdanish

Hello,

Can somebody please provide me detailed datasheet for GM5621. It is an LCD controller previously manufactured by GENESIS and currently under ST Microelectronics.

I have found a summary datasheet over internet which discusses general block diagram etc. But I want the DETAILED DATASHEET of this component.

Thanks in advance,
Regards.

Hello,

I need to know the detailed pin function descriptions and information necessary to design its application circuit.

Thanks.

Have a look at this: **broken link removed**

That's roughly what you're going to need, a board of that size and complexity. Not an ideal project to start from!

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I actually need to implement VGA to DVI converter. I have lots of TFTs with DVI interface. But DVI ports are no longer supported in current systems whereas VGA is the industry standard. Therefore, I need to build a VGA to DVI adapter.

So, I was planning to use GM5621 for this purpose. Can you please suggest a feasible solution in order to accomplish this task? Or can you tell me some alternative?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Build one? Why not buy them? There should be some available on the market, DVI still has the pin connections for standard analog video IF the monitor supports it, it just requires a properly wired cable. The GM5621 is an LCD controller I'm not sure in what respect you were planning on using that as a DVI to VGA converter?

Hi,

I can buy the ready-made solution as well if it offers competitive price. Actually, GM5621 takes analog input and outputs LVDS format which may or may not be supported by LCDs. Therefore, to be on safe side, I thought that an external adapter would be a feasible solution. Do you know any manufacturer or dealer which can provide this solution or facilitate this process?

Thanks.

I'm not sure of direct suppliers unfortunately, MPJA sells multiple adapters but I didn't see a VGA to DVI one. I know most modern video cards come with a DVI to VGA connector but I'm not sure where you'd source them. Keep in mind just because the connector has dedicated pins for VGA doesn't mean the monitor has to support the analog signal, worth trying though. If you just want to test the monitors you can hack apart a DVI cable and wire it to a VGA cable the pinouts are available on the net, if it works you know you at least can get away finding just an adapter.

Not I, I'm not an engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back