Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need geometry code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I have the following tasks:
1. Given a vector and a point, I need to get an equation for a plane.
2. Given 3 intersecting planes, I need the point where they intersect (actually, that's the goal, not getting a plane).

I will probably be able to pull this off with 16-bit math, but there's a possibility that Double may be needed (unlikely). It'd be on a dsPIC, so C code is great, asm for the 16F or 18F would not be.

Not that I can't figure out how to implement this, but I kept looking through the geometry stuff and realized how long it's been since I did this sort of geometry and it'll "take awhile" to figure this out and it may be a better idea to just grab functions from elsewhere.

Have you checked Google? You should be able to find the vector/point equation easily enough. The three plane intersection might be a little more complicated though. My geometry is probably worse than yours =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back