Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Complete detail of serial ISP programmer for 89S5x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Er_Riyaz

Dear All,
I am still learner in this area, first of all i need to prepare a low cost Serial ISP programmer for 89S52 microcontroller & It's burner software as well.

I've google lots of time & found ISP programmers using DB25 (LPT port) but I didn't find any ISP programmer using DB9.

I'll be very thankfull if any body suggest me circuit idea or any link...!!

Riyaz

If I were to do it, I would make an RS-232 to SPI adapter using a microcontroller that has both a UART and an SPI interface. The SPI interface would connect to the SPI port of the AT89S52. The UART would connect to the DB9 connector on the PC through an RS-232 converter chip such as the MAX232. The PC would send the program bytes to this microcontroller through the MAX232 and the microcontroller's UART. Then the microcontroller would send each program byte to the AT89S through its SPI interface.

Doing it through the DB9 connector and RS-232 may slow the programming cycle down a bit. Not sure if you can control the pins of the PC's DB9 connector directly. If you can you could simply bit bang SPI direct to the AT89S just like the DB25 programmer does.

this link takes you to a good programmer
i used it once or twice. the actual device is si prog 2.2

the same link has a software called ponyprog driver.

Dear All,
I am still learner in this area, first of all i need to prepare a low cost Serial ISP programmer for 89S52 microcontroller & It's burner software as well.

I've google lots of time & found ISP programmers using DB25 (LPT port) but I didn't find any ISP programmer using DB9.

Riyaz

Last edited:
THANKS Jon & MVS for your valuable suggestion

I am also thinking that it can be design using a Max232 (to convert 232 to TTL level) & directly can connect to target device (AT89S5x)
Is it possible in this way???

The AT89S would have to have boot loader code already loaded in its program ROM in order to load it through the UART.

Dear All,

Riyaz

https://www.edaboard.com/thread180513.html

https://www.edaboard.com/thread196326.html

Both of these work great using serial port or USB to Serial cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back