Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a suitable charger IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

My application need a battery management charger IC.
Take a look the design layout,

charger_ic.PNG

1. A micro USB connector from smart phone to PC or power adapter will be use.
2. From this USB connector VBUS will be supply power to my external system through the battery charging IC.
3. This IC will manage the 5V , 2A power from adapter but, in quick charging mode, 9V, 2A power should be block by the management IC.

Kindly suggest a circuit and IC application.

This part might put you in the right direction:
https://www.linear.com/product/LTC4020

This will take 4.5V upto 55V on the input, provide whatever output voltage you need to power your system, and whatever you need (within reason) to charge your battery stack. You are then not limited to a 4.2V Li+ battery (you can go higher) or 3v3 system voltage (you can go higher or lower)

Simon

This part might put you in the right direction:
https://www.linear.com/product/LTC4020

This will take 4.5V upto 55V on the input, provide whatever output voltage you need to power your system, and whatever you need (within reason) to charge your battery stack. You are then not limited to a 4.2V Li+ battery (you can go higher) or 3v3 system voltage (you can go higher or lower)

Simon

Thank you sir Simon.
Its a reasonable IC because it has sensing current application.
I am looking for a quick charging mode in this application.
At this moment, I am going through this **broken link removed**.

If you look deep this diagram, QC or PD adapter will release nearly 2A current.
In quick charging mode my system circuit need 0.40 amp current other 1.30 A will go to smart phone.

Regards
Hasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back