Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a schematic for old Mallory power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Bruce

I am looking for a schematic for a Mallory Rectopower model 12 RS 6D. It is unusual in that it has 4 copper oxide rectifiers that do not seem to be connected in a bridge configuration. The method of selecting 6 or 12 V is also "different". The variac type of transformer also puzzles me.
Bruce in the Peg

I have a similar type of thing. Haven't opened it it up in years. I did change a cap. If I r emember, it's esentialyy line regulated (the variac) and the cap for regulation. I think there was a thermal breaker inside too. The only real choices are full and half brdge, but a half with protection diodes would work too. Remember this was used as a battery charge too. So, a half bidge and two potection diodes makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back